Be part of creating a better tommorow
Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) is Curtin University's first and largest international branch campus, established in 1999 in partnership with the Sarawak State Government. In line with it’s continued expansion, Curtin Sarawak is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in Economics
Miri (Sarawak, Malaysia) - Curtin University, Sarawak Campus
Key Responsibility Areas:
Teaching and Learning
- Undertake teaching supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Develop and maintain course materials and educational resources in the areas of teaching responsibility.
- Co-ordinate tutors and provides tutorial assistance as necessary.
- Supervision of Higher Degree by Research Students
- Undertake and publish research in areas of expertise.
- Publish scholarly papers in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Disseminate research findings through seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Win competitive grants and/or attract industry funding for research projects.
- Collaborate and form associations with other groups in industry and the public sector on research projects.
- Foster the Department’s relations with industry, professional bodies and the wider community. Undertake consulting and contract research in areas of expertise as appropriate.
- Participate in Departmental, Faculty and Curtin Committees as required.
- Undertake such other activities as might reasonably be expected in accordance with the specific duties outlined above.
Academic, Full Time
The Department of Economics of Curtin University invites applications for a full-time continuing position at the Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer level. Applications are sought from individuals with a PhD in any field of economics and demonstrated commitment to high quality teaching and research.
Appointments will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicants' qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible to undertake high quality research, teaching and other services for the Department of Economics and Finance.
- A PhD in Economics, either completed or near to completion.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Specialization in Micro and/or Macro Economics with special interest in Mathematical Economics.
- Experience of supervising research students is desirable.
- Evidence of willingness and ability to teach.
- Evidence of research potential in establishing and leading research project(s) with a track record of publication in high-impact journals.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and collaborate with others.
- Acts in accordance with the requirements of professional integrity in the workplace.
- Excellent information technology, oral communication and written skill .
Human Resources Manager,
Curtin University, Sarawak Campus,
CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
or email us at email@example.com
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package.
Curtin (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd reserves the right to appoint by invitation.
Closing Date: 20 January 2013